GORP is teaming up with Comedy Really Cares to throw a very special GORP party for the 1 year GORP-iversary. In fact, with the help of some fabulous friends [like Shain Brenden (NBC’s Blazers Outsiders), Corina Lucas (Savage Love Live Tour), Letra Chueca Press and more], this celebration will be a fundraiser for Project Corazon, whose mission is to reunite and defend the rights of families separated by inhumane immigration policies.
You see, GORP is angry at what's happening, and GORP needs your help to make change.
Here are some amazing details about the GORPiversary show:
- DJ Lolo Haha (Loren Halman) bringing all the heat!
- Latinx-/womxn-owned Letra Chueca Press bringing all the posters and art prints for sale!
- A raffle bringing all the prizes from amazing community partners like tix to NW Black Comedy Festival, Pacific Crest Comedy Festival, & RISK! plus Artslandia Box "Super Box,” gift cards for SOMA Kombucha and Jun, Food Fight! Grocery and more!
- A brand new episode of So You Think You Can 'Prov (SYTYC’P) bringing forth an inexplicable group of hot hot hot improvisers (Stacey Hallal, Kerry Leek, Nick Condon) and stand up comedians (Shain Brenden, Corina Lucas, Rochelle Cote - you gotta be there to find out if they’ve got what it takes to make it in ‘Prov.) Hosted by our one and only Samantha Graveheart (Emily Shankman) who will guide us through with the help of the most special of guest judges Elena Afanasiev, Anne Zander and Nicholas Kessler!
- A super special Riff Off Ripp Off bringing all the Broke Gravy boys back to the Kickstand stage (those “local improv geniuses” - Portland Mercury), the return of Tunnel Improv (finally), plus a super-team of our past SYTYC'P champions (Kristen Schier, Roland Mechanik, Amanda Bishop, Chelsea Burns, Kaylee Wolf, Jackie Ryan) and special guests Alice Gillette, James Hartenfeld, Jones Pitsker, and Melissa Schatz-Miller!
The GORP-iversary show is a co-production with the fabulous Katie Kester, the magnifique Le Why Not Productions (Anne Zander), and the inimitable Kickstand Comedy. All proceeds from the event will be received by Lawyers for Good Government, the registered non-profit that oversees Project Corazon.
GORP is a bi-monthly improv comedy show on the second and fourth Wednesday at Kickstand Comedy. GORP presents two types of shows. The second Wednesday of the month is experimental show night — it is a playful night where show formats are created to give newer performers the opportunity to play with some of Portland’s most experienced and wonderful performers. Fourth Wednesday shows are an opportunity for teams to perform with an emphasis on newer teams and indie teams getting some stage time and experience under their belts.
GORP is at its core a fun, silly, supportive and community focused show. Everything at GORP is done with love and care! After all, we are just after some good ol’ rad improv.
NW Black Comedy Festival
Pacific Crest Comedy Festival
Food Fight Grocery
The Academy Theater
RISK! True Tales Boldly Told
Letra Chueca Press